Recap from the January 17, 2017 ProjectARCC conference call. Future meetings dates can be found here.
- Introduction to ProjectARCC and welcome to phone call – Eira Tansey
- Projects of interest to ARCChivists
- Margaret Janz from Penn shared updates from the Philly weekend of #DataRefuge Many more events are now in the works, and you should see if one of the Data Rescue events is happening near you. And there is now a public catalog of the datasets that the various DataRescue events are capturing. Check out the DataRefuge github repo for more documentation.
- Eira Tansey shared information from Melissa Torres from University of Houston. Torres shared preliminary results from a disasters survey conducted by Disaster Planning and Recovery Subcommittee of the Regional Archival Associations Consortium (RAAC)
- Other upcoming events/ideas for collaboration
- The 2nd Keeping History Above Water conference will take place again at the end of October 2017 in Annapolis.